måndag 27 april 2009

The Black Box, The Concealed Room

This image was taken from page 17 of The Black Box, The Concealed Room by Erica Kruger.

I usually have the idea of a lab being small, dark and plain boring. So by choosing this picture, I think it embodies a great recemblance for what I am trying to evoke within my own lab design. Just like the idea from this photo, I am experimenting with the idea of having different levels and elevations and a lot of staircases everywhere, to add some movements in the design itself. By doing this I am also trying to create interesting shapes, rather than leaving a simple squared room. Im also trying to work with the idea of having outer and inner spaces meet as well. I really like how Erica Kruger has managed to make the elevations meet in such an elegant way, and when adding the magnificent lightening to it, it makes the result seem remarkable and it leaves you in total astonishment.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar